Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 103

I've been trying to decide how to proceed here. I started this gratitude journal as an everyday thing with the expectation that I would be able to post daily and not be stuck in a hospital bed for several days cut off from internet access.

I did, each night, go over in my head what I had to be grateful for that day. My lists always surpassed five things.

I didn't keep up with it though. I decided that isn't what it's about. This isn't a competition with myself to try to make a blog post every day. It's about finding the beauty in the every day, even if it seems like there isn't any on the surface.

So I'm just going to pick up here, where I left off at day 103. Gratitude is gratitude now matter when it's expressed.

  1. Only having one broken extremity
  2. No internal bleeding or injuries
  3. Everyone came out of the accident alive
  4. The pain won't last forever
  5. The wonderful team of medical doctors that are dedicated to restoring me to my previous able bodied self

No comments:

Post a Comment